The SKLPC and supporting consultants are seeking input into proposals for a new Sports & Community Centre to support the existing community & wider neighbouring community as a whole. Key elements of the proposal include:
- Intensive and ongoing discussions with Sports England and sporting national governing bodies including the English Cricket Board, Football Association & Badminton England.
- Regeneration of the sports facilities replacing existing below standard indoor sports amenities.
- High quality multi-sports facility designed for the community’s needs with self-contained all-weather use sports amenities.
- A sports and community centre focusing on badminton, cricket & football with gym and aerobic facilities open to all, designed incorporation with Sports England and other sporting bodies guidelines.
- Gym facilities promoting healthy living within the community allowing for segregated male & female sessions at various allotted times.
- The sports centre will promote healthy living for all ages.
- SKLPC Centre’s facilities open for local school sporting use.
- Community focused uses which benefit the SKLPC & neighbouring community.
- An opportunity to provide local people with a range of new facilities that are currently lacking on the site.
- A construction acoustically designed to direct sound away from the neighbouring homes.
- Designed in a high-quality and energy efficient standard.
- To replace low quality existing amenities with eyesore buildings with up to date sporting & community facilities allowing for SKLPC & local community use.
- Introduction of flexible & affordable spaces of assorted sizes for local educational and community use.
- The building will be covered in a sweeping green roof to complement the green field site & surrounding environment.
- The proposal seeks for a scheme with an additional access point to ease the flow of traffic on West End Road.
- Provide well landscaped improvements including additional trees surrounding the site.
- An integrated community centre including cafe for sustainable community infrastructure.
- Alcohol free centre.